- Think critically about structures, systems, and policies that have historically marginalized some groups and caused long-term inequities.
- Speak up when you see someone saying or acting harmful to others; name it as racism when it is.
- Ensure that, if law enforcement is present in schools, officers are carefully selected and trained, …
- Advocate for and engage in frank discussions about racism and privilege, and provide students and staff tools to combat it.
- Examine the mechanisms of power and punishment, and work to ensure positive, equitable discipline policies and practices in every school.
- Establish and reinforce trusting relationships among students, staff, families, community providers, and law enforcement.
- Advocate for public policies that address the destructive, systemic inequities of poverty and racism. Read article